Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Where, Why, When and other Background!

Home Sweet Home

It has been five years since my last major road trip and I am anxious to get on the road again.  My last big trip like this one took me to India and Nepal (see the Blog: Travels with Adam and Jim) but I didn't get enough of it on that trip.  Both countries just fascinated me and were so different from one corner to another that even before that previous trip was over I knew I wanted to go back.

Actually, I had wanted to go back sooner but many things got in the way, not the least of which was moving more permanently to my house in rural New Hampshire, getting a lot of work completed on the house and last year being diagnosed with Lyme Disease.  In retrospect I believe I probably had the Lyme for about a year before it was diagnosed, I just didn't realize it was Lyme because the symptoms are so similar to getting older, I am nearly 71.  After the Lyme was diagnosed I went on a treatment protocol called the Cowden Protocol, it is a series of herbal medicines put together my an MD in Texas and by early this fall I was feeling good enough to begin making firm plans for this trip.  I will be traveling for 2 1/2 months, from November 5th till January 15, and will be in both India and Nepal.  The trip will begin with a two week Buddhist teaching and retreat in the town of Boudhanath, Nepal, near Kathmandu.  After the retreat the trip itinerary is wide open, I hope to pretty much go wherever the wind blows me, and/or  places that I hear about from other travelers, which is kind of like following the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment